Organic Gluten-Free Amaranth 250g
Cultivated by the Aztecs nearly 8,000 years ago, this ancient gluten-free super-grain is now becoming a preferred snack alternative to most of the health and fitness conscious population. With a higher mineral content (Calcium, Iron, Phosphorous & Carotenoids) than most vegetables, this wonder grain also packs a power punch with its remarkably high protein content. It's no surprise then, that ancient Greeks impressed by its innumerable health benefits, loosely equated amaranth with immortality (Amaranton, unwilting).
Features & Benefits of Amaranth
- - Naturally gluten-free, and can be used as flour or whole in baking.
- - Great source of Lysine - an important amino acid with protein content comparable to that of milk, but more easily digested.
- - Rich in calcium - contains about four times as much calcium as wheat and twice as much iron and magnesium.
- - Contains Folate - particularly important for pregnant mothers to reduce birth defects in babies.
How to incorporate Spice Root's Organic Amaranth into your daily diet
- - Sprinkle this super grain in your breakfast or over your soups to make it a healthier meal.
- - Puffed Amaranth grain is an easy healthy light snack!
- - Use it as a thickener for sauces, soups, stews, and even jellies.
With Spice Root's Organic Amaranth, you can be rest assured of superior taste and premium quality.
Please note: due to the weight of the items, the 3-5 Days (£1.99) and Express (£4.50) delivery options are suitable for up to 2kg only. If you are ordering more than this, please select the 1-2 Days (£5.50) delivery option during checkout.
Produced by: Spice Root Ltd.
Store in a cool dry place.
Country of Origin India