This is where you can let your creativity flow! Give as many details about the product as you can. Tell a story about how your product came to life, what inspired you to make it, describe the flavours that the customer will experience.
It’s important to make sure that you’re using original product descriptions, rather than ones copied from your existing site - this will help your site and ours get the best Google rankings.
An ideal product description will look something like this:
1. Lead with an enticing product description.
2. Move onto any useful tips for cooking/preparing with the product. Perhaps mention other products it goes well with and compliments. Any awards it's won, special nutritional value, etc.
3. List the Product Ingredients / Storage / Shelf Life / Size or Weight
- Ingredients: xxx
- Allergy Information: xxx
- Once opened the xxx needs to be stored xxx
- Life once opened: xxx
- Size & Weight Information: xxx
4. Finish with Delivery Information
- Estimated delivery times / special notes: xxx
- Delivery costs: xxx
- Delivery Exclusions: xxx (UK only, certain areas unavailable, days not being sent, etc)
5. A few further tips:
- Think about readability, use short sentences and paragraphs - not just one large block of text.
- Use bullet points to list key points and brief pieces of information.
- Make it interesting, tell a story to get the reader excited about your products.
The must have's in separate paragraphs include Size/Weight, Ingredients, Allergen Information, Dietary Suitability, Shelf Life, etc. For example;
Delicious fresh cream ganache, delicately infused with Marc de Champagne and a smooth raspberry puree, all combine to make these stunning Pink Chocolate Truffles. Sealed in a white chocolate shell and adorned with raspberry pieces, every decadent bite will leave you with an unceasing desire for more.
XXX have been experts in the world of chocolate for over 30 years. From our base in XXX our range includes all kinds of chocolate gifts, single bars of chocolates, chocolate truffles and more.
150g product (six truffles in total) with ingredients: glucose, sugar, cocoa butter, whole MILK powder, cocoa powder, cocoa mass, sweetened condensed skimmed MILK, water, butter (MILK), salt, (emulsifier) SOYA lecithin, natural flavouring
Store in a cool, dry place.
Allergens: Please see CAPITALS above. Chocolate is made in a factory that handles nuts and gluten. Shelf life of this product 3 months.
Customers enjoy free shipping when spending over £10 with XXX. Next day shipping available.