Organic Fairtrade Coffee Bags - Dark Roast From Sumatra, Indonesia
All of our coffee is 100% Arabica, single origin, Fairtrade and Organic. This dark roast from Indonesia is rich, indulgent and full bodied with notes of peach syrup and spices with subtle acidity and intense dark chocolate finish.
FREE standard UK delivery (2-3 days). Express delivery available.
ABOUT THE COFFEE
Rich, indulgent and full bodied with notes of peach syrup and spices with subtle acidity and intense dark chocolate finish.
- Varieties: Catimor, Cautrra, Tipica
- Elevation: 1,000– 1,500m
- Processing: mechanical pulping, sitting, fermentation,
- Cup Characteristics: Full bodied and intense, Smokey, musky, with bold tropical fruits.
- Picking: Selective picking
- "My favourite. That delicious dark aftertaste was amazing."
- "This was my favourite as I really enjoy stronger flavours, perfect for the first coffee in the morning"
ABOUT THE FARMERS
Its closeness to the equator and mountainous terrain provide some interesting micro-climates and creates some intriguing and complex coffees.
The Asoiasi Kopi Gayo Organic cooperative was founded in 2008 and begun to export certified coffee in 2010.They currently export their coffee through Ujang Jaya, this is based in the regency of Aceh Tengah. The cooperative is currently made up of around 800members from the surrounding villages, of Aceh Tengah and Bener Meriah. The villages are situated between 1,000 and 1,500 meters above sea level. All the villages have delegate representatives who sit on the cooperatives board.
Benefits of Fairtrade
The Asoiasi Kopi Gayo Organic cooperative invested Fair Trade premiums in the development of their coffee processing facilities, along with improved road access and food for villagers following the 2013 earthquake.